Thursday, December 13, 2012

Luke's New Sweater


This past Saturday I finally finished the sweater I was knitting for Luke.  I started it last January.  So it took me almost a whole year to do.  I had put it down a few times to work on other knitting projects.  In August I completed all the pieces.  I was so excited.  I had no idea it would take me 4 months to sew it up.  My seams never come out that well so I thought I would get some help this time.  I found a great class in my town at a yarn shop.   This is a great class where you can drop in and bring whatever you are working on.  I went once and it was very helpful.  I was afraid to do more on my own so I had planned to go back.  Unfortunately it just didn't work out that I was free when the class was happening so I hadn't made it back.  I checked in again a couple weeks ago and the class is now full so I am no longer able to drop in.  That made me determined to finish it on my own.

I have a group of wonderful friends that I sew/quilt/knit whatever with on one Saturday a month.  We started this past September.  I love it - a whole day to make stuff, talk, and eat yummy food.  We bring in a lot of good food.  We met this past Saturday and I brought in the sweater pieces.  With all the sewing and ripping ugly seams it took me all day.  And I didn't even leave with buttons sewed on.  But not getting the buttons on ended up being a terrific thing. When I returned home I was able to get input from Luke on what buttons he wanted.  He wanted blue, red and green.  Could he be reading the Mini Boden catalog?

The seams aren't perfect but he loves the sweater.  And he keeps saying "I love the buttons."  I can't stand it.  I am really lucky because he loves what I make him and loves that I make him stuff.

Details about the sweater can be found on my ravelry page.

And yes, those are pictures of him standing on our couch.




No comments: