Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Cards


Last year I had the idea that I wanted to do handmade Christmas cards.  I knew I would need a least 50 but I thought it would be totally manageable and fun.  I was inspired by a card from this website.  I have searched but I can't find it.  It is a very beautiful card.  I tried to make mine similar but more simple.   Making the cards took much more time than I thought it would.  And I didn't even get to finish last year.  I became sick before Christmas and did not have the energy to finish.  Luckily I hadn't added the picture to the card yet so I could use them this year.

Yesterday I spent the day stitching the cards, adding the buttons (already threaded with twine), cutting and adding the pictures, and writing in them.  I can't say I enjoyed doing it that much.  I decided I am more of a yarn and fabric girl than a paper girl.  I think they are cute though and I am happy to be sending out handmade cards.  But I don't think I will be doing it again



No comments: