Friday, February 1, 2013

She quilts!



Perhaps you have noticed this blog is called beanniequilts and there hasn't been any quilting.  When I first started my blog (a long time ago) quilting was my main crafty thing.  I still love quilting but I also love sewing, knitting, crochet, embroidery etc...  I did a fair amount of quilting this fall.  I made a twin and a (almost) full size quilt top.  My plan had been to make three quilt tops by Christmas.  I thought that since I am so into quilting that we really needed bed quilts in our home.  I made a twin quilt top for Stella(who is still in her crib but I want to be ready).  I made Matt and I an almost full size quilt top (I did the swoon quilt and it fits just fine), and then I wanted to do a twin one for Luke.  But the Swoon took much longer and I didn't get to Luke's.  And then I started this blog right before Christmas and there hadn't been any quilting since.

Tomorrow I have an all day sewing day with my friends.  My plan is to finish cutting the fabric for Luke's quilt today and then get started on piecing tomorrow.  I am making this plus quilt.  I was going to do a pow wow quilt but I lost the pattern.  And I think after the swoon quilt that I am all set with triangles right now.  I am going to use linen for the background and lots of other random fabrics.  I am a little nervous about how these random fabrics will look together.  

I will leave you with a picture of the last finished quilt I made. You don't get a great look at the quilt but you can see it being enjoyed.   This is one of my favorite patterns.  It is the Tulip Wonderland by Kate Henderson.  I totally copied the fabrics (Wonderland by Momo) she used (except for the binding).  I really love her blog and everything she makes.



 oh and I just took this picture of them playing "library time".  You can see a really old scrappy quilt I made and the Tulip Wonderland quilt being again too.  It is also an excellent fort making quilt.  I just love having handmade quilts all over our house. 


2 comments:

Country Maison (Eva Martin) said...

The fabrics look lovely, I'm sure they will look great together. Have a great sewing day tomorrow !
xEva

Kate said...

That is such a gorgeous picture, nothing better than your kids loving the quilts you make!