Friday, February 22, 2013

Around the House



I can't believe it is Friday of my vacation week.  This week has flown by.  I have had so much fun this week playing with my kids, making food, crafting, and trying to fix up my blog.  I wanted to share some links for some delicious recipes.  I made this clam chowder the other day.  Don't make it if you are worried about calories or fat.  It has half and half in it and bacon.  But it is yummy.  I used chicken broth instead of water otherwise I followed the directions.  I should have decreased the salt because I added the chicken broth but I forgot.  This recipe I made this morning.  My husband and I both love it.  And today I am looking forward to making Eva's homemade pizza dough.  I have always wanted to make my own dough.





Yesterday we spent a lot of time making puppets, puppet show scenery, and doing puppet shows.  We had so much fun.  And then last night Luke and I couldn't wait any longer.  I started to teach him to sew (with a blunt needle).  I just gave him two pieces of the kid's (cheap) felt and a threaded needle.  He did a great job.

I think a lied a few days ago when I said the green and red quilt is my favorite.  I just like it because it came out with no visible mistakes.  But it doesn't have my favorite colors.  This quilt top I have made for Stella is probably my favorite although it is not finished.



I just really love the colors and the fabrics.  I used fabrics from the Cabbages and Roses Athill range and the turning twenty again pattern.  It was a quick and easy pattern.  You don't have to worry about anything matching up.  With the borders the quilt is larger than a twin size.  I have it folded in the picture so it looks a little smaller.  I might be tempted to steal this quilt for my bed but I don't think it goes with the bedroom furniture we have.   I have not been in a rush to quilt it since Stella is not even in a toddler bed yet.  She is still in her crib and hopefully will be in it for a while.

This weekend I plan to a review a very beautiful book.  Please come back and see it.

No comments: