Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Snowed In


Well I am not really snowed in.  We only have a couple inches but I just love to stay home and watch it snow.  It is so pretty outside and so cozy inside.  The snow here had been melting and was not so pretty anymore so we really needed it. 

Today's big project for around the house was organizing the three shelves above the microwave.  It is where I had been storing the kids craft supplies and other random stuff.  I decided I wanted to bring up some of the kids craft supplies that were in the basement and dedicate all the space to their crafts.  I don't like to be in the middle of a project with them and have to run down to the basement.  Mostly because I am scared they will try to follow me and fall down the awful stairs.

For me to do this project required me to clean and organize the top of the fridge and find homes for other random objects and put some Christmas stuff away.  Mostly I just stuck things on the porch or in the basement (the dumping grounds).  I thought about taking a before picture but it wasn't that bad.  It just wasn't good.  Now I don't even know if I like what I did but I know where everything is.






I didn't want to buy anything to help with the organizing since I may have spent too much this month on fabric and patterns.  I have plenty of jam jars in the basement and some random containers.  I think I need something better for their paper and felt (top shelf).  I should get them some more paper too.  They usually use my scrapbook paper which is in the basement.


In all honesty I saw so sick of doing this before I started but it just had to be done.  I use to enjoy organizing but now it just feels like I am taking time away from doing something fun.  So at the end of this I was really sick of looking at their craft supplies.  After lunch I had no interest in taking the things out of the containers so I just gave the kids a wooden Valentine kit I bought at Joann's for them to color - not too creative.  But they did enjoy it.  Now it is nap time and I am off to work more on the collar.  I only have 24 more stitches to do!

No comments: