I lost interest in sewing clothes for my kids after finishing the vintage jacket. I think it was a combination of heat, schedule changes, and interest in other projects. In that time I started Luke's Christmas stocking, a pair of socks, a new quilt, and a granny square blanket for Stella. Someday I'll finish the sweater I have been making her for the past couple months.
I did start and finish this hexie pillow. I used random scraps and 1 1/2 inch hexies. This chair in my sunroom has needed a pillow for a while. I have a lot of scraps cut to make more hexies so at some point I will do another hexie project.
This was a real quick project I did from a magazine called Your Homemade Home that I impulsively bought at Joann's last weekend. We have some ugly hangers that really bother me. So I did three and if they hold up I'll make some more. It was enjoyable to have a quick finished project.
Here was another quick project from the same magazine (sorry about the lousy photo). Stella has been really into her tea pot lately which makes me so happy and just melts my heart. She usually places it on one of her quilts which is really cute but I thought I'd make this special for her tea parties after I saw it in the magazine.
Like I said I had been in a sewing rut. Thankfully Elizabeth suggested we sew this top together from
Girly Style Wardrobe. I had so much fun sewing with her before that I agreed with excitement. This is pattern A from the book. The hardest part was tracing the pattern. I actually realized after I had cut out the fabric and started sewing that I had made a mistake. I cut the back bodice too short. I didn't have enough fabric to cut a new one so I sewed a strip for the back using the fabric I used for the pockets. I kind of like my mistake. I am still not sure if I did the lining the way it is suppose to but it seams to work for me.
I sewed the 100cm which is the smallest size. Stella is usually a 3T. It is a little big on her but that is good because I would love for her to wear it next summer. The main fabric is a DS quilt fabric from Joanns and the other fabric is some essex linen that I won last summer.
The skirt she is wearing in the pictures is the 2+2 skirt I made last winter. I was going to make her a matching skirt but I think I will just pair the top with this one. I may even try her wearing this top over a long sleeve shirt in the fall.
I am hesitant to say I am doing Kids Clothes Week because I stink at sew-a-longs. I'd like to try this time around. I have a shirt all cut out for Luke. If I can only find the first part of the sketch book shirt pattern I can make it.
So here are more pictures of my girl modeling the top. I have to say it is getting a little easier to get pictures of her.