Wednesday, June 11, 2014
As you can see I was able to find some buttons for Stella's jacket and finish it. I had it almost done two weeks ago but had to wait for some buttons to arrive from Germany. Here is where I found them. I am pretty happy with them though I wish the trim was silver instead of gold.
This is the first vintage pattern I have made. It is Simplicity 6812 and is from 1966. It is a size 3. I should have made it back in March so she could wear it a little more but I think I must have become busy with birthday stuff. Then I realized it was a size 3 and I thought I better just go ahead and do it. It is a little big so it is possible it could fit her next spring. It should fit in the fall but I don't think it would be suitable for fall with the white collar.
The fabric is some cotton polyester blend seersucker I bought online. I can't remember where. I probably should have had the stripes going up and down but I thought the sideways looked more little girlish.
I was nervous to make this because I read somewhere vintage pattern's sewing instructions aren't as detailed as today's patterns. And it wasn't detailed but it wasn't too bad. But the view I made (view 3) seemed lacking in explanation. So I didn't really follow a lot of the instructions and sort of winged it. The area under the collar doesn't lay that nicely but otherwise it came out pretty decently. I actually love it just because I love the stye and the collar with the trim.
I have been buying other vintage patterns so I do hope to make some more. I seriously can't even look at them without buying them. Even if I never make them I love just looking at the envelope. This one is no different and you can see cover here.