Happy New Year!!!!!!! I'm going to try blogging again and see how it goes. I love Instagtram but I do love rambling a bit too and I kind of need my blog for that.
I finished Stella's Happy New Year Sweater the other day. It is so cute on her. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is a squishy warm sweater with a big collar. The pattern is "Leaves or Not" by Karen Borel. The details are on my ravelry page. I opted not to do the leaves because I really wanted a Liberty fabric button and I thought the leaves would be take away from the button. I want to put Liberty fabric buttons on everything now.
So some year's I am into New Year Resolutions and some years I am not. But this year in the past few days I have been thinking of a few things I would to try. Here they are:
1. Of course there is the lose weight/healthy goal. I won't go to into that because I don't want to bore you but I'll be 40 in 10 months. It would be nice to be close to my old size before I became a mom.
2. Try to go back to my home not being a wreck. It isn't really wreck but when I had one baby I did the suggested lower my cleaning standards thing. And then I had an eighteen month old and newborn and lowered a little more. Now they are 2 1/2 and 4. I think I can try to have things look a little nicer around here. So far so good.
3. Make some doll clothes for my daughter. I wanted to do this all last year and didn't. I already ordered a pattern (I'll show next post). And I really want to try to do some matching outfits.
4. Start no new quilts until I quilt the quilt top that I already made Stella. That quilt top I love. The other ones I am so-so about so I am giving myself permission to not finish them.
5. Finish Stella's Christmas stocking.
Well, I am going to try to do a little sewing while my kids are entertaining themselves. I'll be back!