Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lettered Tea Cozy


I am so happy I have been doing the Zakka Along 2.0.  Otherwise I am not sure I would have gotten around to making this tea cozy from Patchwork Please by Ayumi Takahashi.  I love tea but the only tea pot I have is my Wedgewood one which was a wedding present.  I make tea with my tea kettle.  I have always wanted to start a tea pot collection.  Maybe I will start one sooner now that I have this cozy.

I had so much fun making this.  I love foundation paper piecing though I am very very new to it.  And I loved selecting fabric.  You can't really see it in the picture (and I was not successful getting a closer one) but the bar in the A says "Ouch I am a very hot pot".  I was going to free motion quilt it because I thought it would be a lot quicker but I just love the one in the book so much I wanted mine to look like it. Instead of cherries, I crocheted a flower to match the teapot binding fabric I used.  I used Eva's Sweet Crochet Flower tutorial and I just winged it with the leaves. It has been a while since I did any crochet.  Just doing this tiny bit has left me wanting to do more.





5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how charming is your tea cozy! Love the yellow pot, and the "ouch" message on the A bar is so hilarious and fun! All the details are so sweet!

Debbie said...

Very cute and I love your crocheted flower!

Country Maison (Eva Martin) said...

Ooh, how sweet is your tea cozy, really lovely.
Glad to see your blog break has been short :-))
I seem to be the one on a blog break, but not really, just no time for blogging or crafting at the moment.
Your crochet flower looks lovely ! Did the pattern and tutorial work ok for you ?? Was it clear ?
Thanks for sharing this !!
xoxo Eva

pratima said...

I love the teapot and all the fun fabrics! They look so cute together along with your beautiful quilting. The red flower on top is a lovely touch :)

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

I love the flower, it's like the cherry on top. Nice touch.