Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day and Favorite Dress Ever



I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday.  I sure did.  It started with me finishing this dress for Stella.  I was very lucky to able to test a pattern for An from the StraightGrain blog.  She makes the most amazing clothes and this was the second pattern I was able to be a tester for.  I can't tell you how much I love this dress and this pattern.  It has two options for the sleeves, three for the collar, and and three for the skirt.  It was really hard to chose which option because I loved them all.  Well the butterfly collar I extra love.  The pattern is really well written had some great tips in it that helped give the confidence to do the butterfly collar.  This is my favorite dress I have made Stella so far.  The fabric is from Ruby by Thimble Blossoms.  I don't think you can get it anymore.  Stella loves the dress too.  When I put her in it she was running all over the house and dancing.  She wore it all day yesterday.



The rest of the Mother's Day was great too.  My son had made me adorable artwork in nursery school.  My husband bought me a kindle which I am very excited about.  I had wonderful visits with a lot of family. I love watching my kids play with my nieces and nephew.  It makes my heart melt.   I am very spoiled.  Both my mother and mother-in-law get me presents for Mother's Day too.  I received some liberty fabric from my mom.  My mother-in-law gave me a check with the instructions to spend on myself.  I really need clothes but that is not what I spent it on. Yes it is spent.  I pre-ordered some Briar Rose.  I ordered another yard of some fabric. And I bought some notions, a book, and a magazine.  It was kind of like my birthday.   

I have been loving sewing for Stella but I kind of want to take a short break from kids clothes even though I have fabric all cut out for a skirt and a top (2+2).  I am working on a pillow for a friend now and I want to make  a Kindle cover.  I found this tutorial this morning from the Clover and Violet blog.  

Well I am off to do a little work on the pillow before dinner.  I hope to be back soon with a finished pillow.

I am linking up again today to Sew Cute Tuesday at Better Off Thread.

5 comments:

Suz said...

The dress looks great.. I am looking forward to buying An's pattern later this week!

Country Maison (Eva Martin) said...

What a great dress !! The fabric is sweet . . .
And you were spoilt for Mother's Day !!!
I wonder what book and magazines you got. . .

I'm glad you had a nice day.
xEva

Sewing Mom said...

How cute. I remember sewing dresses for my daughter...many moons ago. =)

Enjoy the change of sewing something different.

Suzy said...

Such a pretty dress! I will definitely look out for the pattern.

Beth said...

That is adorable!