Friday, April 5, 2013

Pretty Patchwork Gifts



I haven't been as interested in blogging as I was this past winter when I started.  But this book is so wonderful that I have to share.  Pretty Patchwork Gifts by Helen Philipps arrived last week.  The houses on the cover are so adorable.   I thought I would show a few other projects that are on the top of my list.  I wouldn't call them favorites because really I think all of the projects are my favorites.


These pillows are so sweet they kill me.



And I love this stocking.  We don't have handmade Christmas stockings so I really need to get started.  I want to make the stocking from Simple Sewn Gifts but I think I will make this one too.



There is so much more in the book.  I really want to try to make a doll or stuffed animal this year.  there is really cute mouse and doll in the book.  And there are adorable bunnies too.  

Currently I am working on two doll quilts from Simple Sewn Gifts.  One quilt is for my daughter and the other is for my niece.  They both have birthdays at the end of the month.  I have the quilt tops sewn and right now I am making the cross stitch patches to go on it.  I am really enjoying cross stitch this go around.  I miss counted a little bit but where these are so small it doesn't really matter.  I can't wait to see what these will look like on the quilt. 


  I will leave you with some pictures from our beach adventure this morning.  We are lucky to be only a few miles from the beach.  It is a beautiful spring day here but at the beach this morning it was very cold and windy.  We all loved it and it felt really good to get outside.





2 comments:

Country Maison (Eva Martin) said...

I love the pillows too, specially since I'm in a sewing mood at the moment . . .
too little time though.
The beach pictures look great, you are lucky to have the sea so close.

the children look so happy in those pictures and it is great for children to be out in the fresh air, even if it is cold . . .
Have a great day !
xEva

Elisabeth said...

The pillows are lovely! Your cross stitch is looking great - I like cross stitch but it takes me so long. Lovely pictures by the sea too :) Have a great day! Elisabeth x